I’m a Pinterest fan and part of being a pinterest fan is going along with the current fads and trends. I’m also a massive water fan, I drink A LOT of water. If I don’t have enough I’m moody, tired, headachey and have dry skin – attractive huh?
So when a little water craze sweeps the internet, I’m on it.
First up, for all you non water drinkers out there, let’s run through some benefits of swigging the clear stuff…
1. Helps you glow. Water purges the toxins.
2. Helps activate your organs. It increases the production of new muscle and blood cells.
3. Regulates your body temp.
4. Helps you lose weight. It suppresses your appetite, so you don’t eat as much. Drinking plenty of water also prevents fluid retention and ensures that your body burn stored fat.
5. It makes you smarter by increasing your cognitive function.
But water can be boring…
Which is why I love these “detox” aka homemade flavoured waters. Especially since a lot of flavoured waters you buy off the shelf contain all kinds of nasties and hidden sugars.
This is a great recipe from The Washingtonian. Fill a pitcher with water and ice. Add chunks of pineapple, enough to fill about half of the container. Add a mix of torn and full mint leaves so the top of the container is covered. Stir and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours for flavors to set in.
From thedenverhousewife.com > 2 lemons, half a cucumber, 10 mint leaves and 3 quarts of water. Add everything to pitcher and let chill overnight.
Skinny Water by BBaLaCate.com > 1-2 Lemons, 1 medium Cucumber, 1 cup Blueberries (lightly smashed if you want more flavour!), 3 chunks Ginger. Slice and place all of rest of the ingredients in the pitcher and fill with water, let steep in the fridge overnight.
Do you make flavoured waters? If so tell me your recipe below…