Do you ever get the feeling like you just what to say ‘shut the fuck up’ to the world? Like you want to just curl up and take a nap at 11am because you’re just not interested in the day?
Well that’s was me a few weeks ago. I had little motivation to DO anything. Who knows why? Maybe it’s was the humidity, the desperate need to have a holiday, my increasing workload or impending deadlines – whatever it was, it was no good.
I was miserable, mopey and probably one hell of a bitch to live with.
But we all get these moods, as fast as they come, they can disappear.
Here are just a few ways to get yourself our of that funk you’re in…
1. Exercise…such a cliché but honestly, the feeling you get after a good workout beats anything else. Plus it gets you out of the house/office for an hour or two.
2. Eat well…I know you’re wanting your body weight in chocolate right now but seriously, it won’t help (trust me, I tried this theory just for you on Saturday).
3. Have a me day…and do whatever you want. I love nothing more than taking a day to go for a wander or just lying on the sofa watching reruns of the thick of it or sex and the city. When you work for yourself (especially when you work for yourself!) there’s a feeling like you always have to be working, always hustling, always connected – you don’t.
4. Stay of social media for a day or two. The thing with twitter, facebook and instagram is it allows people to add a filter to their lives and when you’re feeling down in the dumps it’s the last thing you need. Everyone’s life looks better on social media because you only get to see what the other person WANTS you to see. So do yourself a favour and zone it out for a day.
5. Just get shit done…this post today by Ashley on The Middle Finger Project facebook page just about sums it up. Stop checking emails, facebook, twitter and just get on with what it is you need to get done. By the time you’re finished you’re going to have that post-getting-shit-done glow and you’re going to feel accomplished – that’s a feeling that no amount of facebooking can bring about. As a pro-procrastinator I’m guilty of this. Starting my mornings off checking emails or looking at twitter just sets me back and sends me in to a complete distraction.
So tell me, what are your tips for getting out a mood?