There has been so much hoo-ha over quitting sugar in the last few weeks. For people who’ve been following Sarah Wilson since 2011 the dangers of sugar will be embedded deep in to your psyche. She’s done so much work on why and how we should give up sugar and for anyone who has quit, one of the most difficult parts of quitting the white stuff is giving up chocolate and “treats”.
But, Sarah has come up with a new cookbook: I Quit Sugar: The Chocolate Cookbook which has 74 chocolatey sugar free recipes (I KNOW!!!!).
Check out these Sugar Free Bounty bars…
1 c. coconut milk
4 tbsp. brown rice syrup
3 tbsp. coconut oil
2 c. desiccated coconut
1 c. coconut oil
½ c. raw cacao powder
2 tbsp. brown rice syrup
Pinch of sea salt
1. For the coconut layer: Place the coconut milk, brown rice syrup, and coconut oil in a medium saucepan. Over low heat, stir ingredients until combined. Mix in desiccated coconut thoroughly.
2. Line an eight-by-eight-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Press the coconut mixture into the pan so that it is about 2/3 in. thick. Refrigerate until coconut filling has set, about 15-20 mins.
3. Once set, cut the coconut layer into bars. Chill in the freezer until hardened (the longer you wait, the easier they will be to coat with chocolate).
4. For the chocolate layer: Place all ingredients in a double boiler, stirring until smooth/combined. Allow to cool slightly.
5. Coat the coconut bars with a single layer of chocolate. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate until set. When set, coat the bars with a second layer of chocolate. Allow to cool in the fridge for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Sarah’s I Quit Sugar The Chocolate Cookbook
£9.99 from Amazon